We Take the Steps with you to Preserve your Future
The massive insurance marketplace is daunting even for the most educated. We’re here to answer your questions, explain insurance terminology, and help you enroll in what feels best for you.
Individual and Family Health Insurance
There are numerous options for medical insurance coverage with preventive care covered at 100%, no deductible. Do you prefer a more comprehensive coverage, or are you willing to pay for the small things yourself?
The group medical plan is usually the employer benefit that causes the most frustration. We help companies design a benefit package that may include a combination of plans--medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and/or long-term care insurance. We also assist with retirement plans and executive specialty benefits that align with company goals.
There’s usually nothing catastrophic in your mouth. At the same time, if you like free cleanings and checkups, and assistance for more major issues, dental insurance is inexpensive.
We offer easy access to affordable Individual Vision Plans from VSP® Vision Care. Here are some reasons to enroll: Lowest Out-of-Pocket Cost, Convenient Locations, Great Selection in Eyewear and Satisfaction Guaranteed. Call us for help choosing which plan is right for you; they both provide great value for everyone.
(For quote: Broker ID is 1984889 and then select 'I'm a Customer')
Short-term Plans can help bridge the gap in coverage if you missed the open enrollment period or are waiting for other coverage to begin; are between jobs, retired early or just graduated from college. However, these plans are underwritten and do not cover pre-existing conditions or wellness.
Supplemental plans like accident, critical illness, cancer and hospital indemnity can protect you from high health insurance deductibles and lost wages from missing work. Lump sum payments are made directly to you. Health Insurance helps offset the high cost of hospitalization, but it doesn’t cover all out-of-pocket medical bills , let alone personal expenses like your rent , mortgage, your car payment or your groceries.
Life insurance provides money to handle personal or business situations that are left behind. But life insurance can be designed to provide benefits while living too. Are you interested in tax-free income?
Long-term Care Insurance
Do you have a financial plan for costs associated with home health care? If you or a loved one ever needed to stay in an assisted living facility, how would you pay that extra expense-- anywhere from $3000 to $9000 per month for the facility and meals.
Your retirement may be years away or nearby. In either scenario, your plan is continually tailored to fit your situation as well as your risk tolerance. As life happens, circumstances change, and needs change.
Blue Medicare SupplementSM from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina For North Carolina beneficiaries enrolled in both Medicare Part A and Part B
Choose the plan that’s right for you
- See the doctor you want
- Value-added discounts
- Freedom to see any Medicare-approved provider nationwide
Blue-to-Blue: The freedom to choose
Blue-to-Blue gives every Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Blue Cross NC) Medicare Supplement member the freedom to switch plans. Members can switch plans at designated times throughout the year. So, current members can always be sure to have the Medicare Supplement plan that best suits their needs and budget.**
Savings and peace of mind
Medicare only covers some of your medical costs. That’s why Blue Cross NC offers dependable Medicare Supplement plans for Medicare beneficiaries, to help lessen the worries over costs that Medicare doesn’t cover. Choose from a variety of Blue Medicare SupplementSM plans to find the plan that best fits your needs and your budget.
A local company you can trust
Blue Cross NC has over 85 years of experience in the health care industry and serves more than 239,0001 North Carolina Medicare beneficiaries.
• We’re North Carolina’s most preferred health insurer.2
See the doctor you want
No matter which Blue Medicare Supplement plan you choose, you’re free to select your own Medicare-participating doctor or visit any Medicare-participating hospital. In most cases, your Part A and Part B Medicare claims and supplement claims are handled automatically by Blue Cross NC.
- Choice of Medicare-participating doctors
- Easy to use, virtually no claims to file
Blue365® Discount Program
Enroll in a Blue Medicare Supplement plan and get savings on a variety of products and services that can help you live a more healthy and active lifestyle – all at a discounted cost. Save on products and services such as:
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Medical Bracelets
- Healthy Eating
- Hearing Aids
- Gym Discounts
Silver&Fit®1 Fitness Program
The Silver&Fit®1 Exercise and Healthy Aging program gives you a low-cost membership, at a fitness facility or exercise center near you. Or, if you like, you can enroll in the Home Fitness Program and work out in the comfort of your own home. Questions about the program can be answered by calling 1-877-764-2746 (TTY/TDD: 711), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST.
No waiting periods
If you enroll early, you may be eligible for this plan without waiting periods for preexisting conditions. Pre-existing conditions are conditions for which medical advice was given or treatment was recommended by or received from a physician within six months before the effective date of coverage. If you wait until after the deadline to enroll, you may have a waiting period for pre-existing conditions.
Guaranteed acceptance by enrolling early
You cannot be turned down for Blue Medicare Supplement and may not have to complete a medical questionnaire if you meet the following criteria:
- You are age 65 or older, or under age 65 and are eligible for Medicare due to disability (Plans A and C)
- You enroll within 6 months of enrolling in Medicare Part B
- You are not covered by certain Medicaid programs
- You are a resident of North Carolina
We also represent most major carriers in North Carolina.
1 Blue Cross NC internal data for Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement and stand-alone Part D as of October 2018.
2 Blue Cross NC Brand Tracking; Maru; April 2018.
3 Guaranteed acceptance is limited to Plan A for those under age 65 who have Medicare due to disability.
** Members of plans sponsored by Blue Cross NC will be able to change to other plans available when they purchased their original plan. Certain limits apply.
- For costs and further details of the coverage, including exclusions, any reductions or limitations, and terms under which the policy may be continued in force, contact your agent or the company.
- Plan A: BMS A, 12/18, Plan G: BMS G, 12/18, Plan G-HD: BMS HDG, 12/18, Plan K: BMS K, 12/18, Plan N: BMS N, 12/18.
- Blue365 offers access to savings on items that members may purchase directly from independent vendors, which are different from items that are covered under the policies with Blue Cross NC. Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (BCBSA) may receive payments from Blue365 vendors. Neither Blue Cross NC nor BCBSA recommends, endorses, warrants or guarantees any specific Blue365 vendor or item. This program may be modified or discontinued at any time without prior notice.
- The Silver&Fit program is a value-added service on most plans that is provided by American Specialty Health Fitness, Inc. (ASH Fitness), a subsidiary of American Specialty Health Incorporated (ASH) and an independent company, to members of Blue Cross NC’s Blue Medicare Supplement plans. ASH Fitness does not offer Blue Cross or Blue Shield products or services. The program is not available on our G-HD plan and is not a part of a member’s policy or benefits. The program may be changed or discontinued at any time. Additional fees may apply and results are not guaranteed. You should consult with your doctor before taking part in a fitness program. All programs and services are not available in all areas. Silver&Fit and the Silver&Fit logo are trademarks of ASH and are used with permission herein. ASH and ASH Fitness do not offer Blue Cross or Blue Shield products or services.
NC Insurance Advisors is an independent authorized Agency, licensed to sell and promote products from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Blue Cross NC). The content contained in this site is maintained by NC Insurance Advisors. Neither Blue Cross NC nor its agents are connected with or endorsed by the U.S. government or the federal Medicare program.
Caution: Policy Benefits are limited to those approved by Medicare for payment.
BLUE CROSS®, BLUE SHIELD®, the Cross and Shield symbols, registered marks and service marks are marks of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, an association of independent Blue Cross and Blue Shield plans. All other marks are the property of their respective owners. Blue Cross NC is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
®, SM Marks of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. ®1 Mark of American Specialty Health Fitness, Inc., an independent company. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.